Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: questions from a super8 newbie

  1. #1
    Inactive Member NyxMacSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24th, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I would like to get in to super 8 filmmaking. I have a few questions though. Can you use super 8 for filming animation or frame by frame? If yes, do all super 8's shoot frame by frame? Are super 8 film cartidges easily accesible or would I have to troll auction sites for film? Is the film expensive? One I have shot a roll of film, then what? Do I develop it? Do I send it away for special processing? Is that expensive? Once I have my film shot and ready to view, how do I view it? Can I play it back in the camera? Or do I need special equipment (an editor?) to view my work? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be fully informed. Thanks!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jfkelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Yes you can shoot super 8 frame by frame, but not every camera does it. My new Kinoflex does shoot frame by frame but my Baur C3 does not. Super 8 film is readily available, Kodak manufactures 4 different grades in color and B/w it and you can find the information for ordering on the their website, or by calling 800-621-3456. There are many places that process super 8 film, but if you do not live in a big city you may have to send it thru the mail. Yale labs in North Hollyowood does it, as does Super 8 Sound in Burbank. (Call information for the numbers) hope that helps...

    ------------------
    Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown

  3. #3
    Inactive Member tashunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 11th, 2000
    Posts
    141
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ...once you have your film developed you can either view it on an editor, project it with a super8 or dual8 projector (easily found at thrift shops and garage sales) or have it transfered to tape. I usually transfer because I edit on my computer. The transfer costs only about $5 for non-accurate type transfer. To buy and develop a roll of kodachrome 40 it costs about $30 Canadian. That gives you about 3 1/2 minutes , i believe. Even if you do transfer most of the time to tape i would recommend picking up a projector and screen because their is nothing like setting up everything to view your film the way it was meant to be seen......On a screen.

    tash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •